Caddy For A Cure is proud to offer its Character Program. Being a fan of the small schools, and the under privileged, we set out to find a way to reward all the things in life that make up a winner.
From time to time we use sponsors to find a deserving young man or woman playing high school or college golf who has displayed qualities of character.
We may ask the coach several questions about the player, not neccesarily the best player on the team, but could be.
1) Is there someone on the team who is very special in many ways off the course?
2) Do they study hard and get good grades?
3) Have they displayed anything like calling a penalty on themselves?
4) Do they respect the game? Do they respect their elders and authority?
5) Do they show up early and stay late? doing whatever needs to be done to help out?
6) Are they working other jobs and doing a good job?
7) Are they from a hard working family doing everything they can to stay afloat and provide golf to their family?